We would like to reassure you that City Fertility continues to provide treatment to unaffected patients. We are closely monitoring the current situation and guidelines provided by the Australian Government – Department of Health.
The safety of our patients and staff is our main priority and we have taken numerous measures to address this. If you think at any time that you may have been exposed to Coronavirus, please phone your clinic who will help you make the necessary changes to your treatment.
What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus that was first reported in December 2019 in Wuhan City in China.
Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. People with coronavirus may experience:
- flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
- shortness of breath
There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
How it spreads and who is at risk
There is evidence that the virus spreads from person-to-person.
The virus is most likely spread through:
- close contact with an infectious person
- contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
- touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have a cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face.
Most cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) are in Wuhan City in Hubei Province, China.
In Australia, the people most at risk of getting the virus are those who have:
- recently been in mainland China and Iran
- been in close contact with someone who is a confirmed case of coronavirus
Health authorities have confirmed cases of coronavirus in Australia. For the latest number, read the coronavirus health alert from the Australian Government (Department of Health).
What precautions are we taking?
Chill Egg Freeze Australia is taking every precaution around patient appointments and treatments due to the recent outbreak of Coronavirus.
Please do not be offended if we ask a few extra questions over the next few weeks as we book treatments and consultations – patient safety is our priority at this time.
Chill Egg Freeze Australia is advising anyone who may have been exposed to any of the conditions above to delay their fertility appointments and/or treatment for 14 days. Please note patients have the option to change their appointment to a Skype appointment, please contact our friendly staff for further information.
We will continue to monitor all new updates and keep you informed as we receive more information from the Australian Government Department of Health.
What to look for:
The symptoms of coronavirus are similar to those of any other upper-respiratory infection – runny nose, coughing, sore throat, and sometimes a fever. In most cases, it will not be obvious if it is coronavirus or any different cold-causing virus.
Some practical ways to help reduce the general risk of infection include:
- Avoid very close contact with people showing symptoms
- Frequently washing hands
- Practice good coughing etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash hands)
- Not sharing plates, utensils with others
- Australian Government – Department of Health | https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
- Health Alert (Australian Government – Department of Health) | https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- Queensland Government Latest News on Coronavirus | https://www.health.qld.gov.au/news-events/news/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-sars-queensland-australia-how-to-understand-protect-prevent-spread-symptoms-treatment
- NSW Government Latest News on Coronavirus | https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/novel-coronavirus-close-contact.aspx
- Coronavirus Health Information Line. Call this line if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. | 1800 020 080
- Healthdirect hotline. Call this number to speak to a registered nurse about your health concerns. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. | 1800 022 222 | https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/
Please free to contact our Fertility Advice Centre Team on 1300 215 332 if you have any questions or would simply like to speak to someone.