The Queensland Government has recently restricted all non-essential cross-border travel between Queensland and New South Wales due to COVID-19. This restriction commences at 12.01 am Thursday 26 March 2020.
If you reside in NSW and are concerned how this could impact your treatment, Chill is pleased to advise, the Queensland Government have confirmed that cross-border travel for medical treatment purposes at our sister-clinic, City Fertility’s Robina Clinic, is allowed.
In an effort to help minimise the travel required for you, we can now:
- Provide phone and or video consultations where practical;
- Courier medications to you if required;
- Provide medication training via video conferencing; and
- Arrange for your scans to occur locally, where possible.
As a result of the above changes, you will now only be required to attend the our sister-clinic, City Fertility’s Robina clinic for your procedure. For this, we will provide you with a letter from your fertility specialist to state you are travelling for medical purposes. We request that you please contact our Patient Services Team on 1300 215 332 to obtain a copy of this letter before attending your appointment.
Chill in partnership with our sister-clinic City Fertility is continuing to monitor the Department of Health alerts and provide any important updates to patients as soon as they are available. For additional information on COVID-19 please visit www.health.gov.au
These are certainly challenging and evolving times so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions whatsoever.
We are here to help and support you in any way we can during your journey and have many options available to you to continue your treatment during these changing times.
We thank you for your co-operation and ongoing support.
- Queensland Health – Border Restrictions: https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-governance/legislation/cho-public-health-directions-under-expanded-public-health-act-powers/border-restrictions
- Queensland Government – Entry Pass: https://www.qld.gov.au/border-pass